<VV> Fw: Front Wheel Camber - Lack of Response

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Aug 28 16:48:39 EDT 2010

Bottom note:

Matt Nall wrote:

>some solid info is needed, there's too often
>a dead silence.  No one has ever done front end work?

> YUP!!  Nope!!   few if any ever even have an alignment done!  Those that do pay no attention..."leave it to the pro"
>

>Those like us...do not usually have an abundant selection at hand....and just TRY what we have  and take another reading...
>

> IF you are just trying  to guess..and add a shim to correct....  forget it...it doesn't work that way...
>

> When you move a pivot point... it changes relationships of several other dimensions at the same time..

Set the camber first, then set the toe last. Camber changes affect toe,
but toe changes do not affect camber. If going for SIA or caster, those
are first.

"Set the toe and let it go" is the modern alignment motto.
Translation-it looks good from my house....

Good alignment shops will check everything and not skip these
adjustments. And of course our Corvairs do need four wheel alignment,
at  least checking the rear.

Frank DuVal