<VV> Bang the nut slowly

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Aug 29 01:26:57 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/28/2010 6:46:59 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
corvairduval at cox.net writes:

I think  you can approach that lock nut like electricians do, with a
screwdriver  and Kleins. Translation: use a screwdriver and small ball
peen hammer to  unscrew the locknut. I know I don't have a hex wrench
that large! And I  have removed many of those nuts from steering boxes.

Frank  DuVal

The important thing to remember is that the outer nut is just a lock,  and
doesn't perform any adjustment. Bang away - - - gently.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair,  Camaro, Corvette

San Jose, CA