<VV> Startup:::::::::::::::::::::

Danforth West bonanz01 at myfairpoint.net
Sun Aug 29 18:09:49 EDT 2010

I've discovered I can use the same startup procedure
on my 66 Turbo that I use on my '41 Packard 120.

This is, I put the accelerator pedal to the floor briefly
and then release it. Then I simply turn the key without
touching the "GO" pedal at all, and the car starts right
up like a Champ! (.....NOT "Chimp"!!!!). Of course, the
Packard has a starter button, but you know what I mean......

I know I'm probably just setting the choke and giving a
squirt to the carb with this method.........

My only question is, am I doing it wrong or causing any
problems by doing it this way?

Car seems to LUV being started in this fashion.........

And I certainly LUV starting up my new car!

It was HOT today in Bangor -- over 90F -- but it didn't stay
on high idle for more than 30 seconds.....

Right down to 800 or fewer RPMs very quickly.

Looking forward to CLARK'S in just a little while!

Dan West
Bangor, Maine USA