<VV> 1967 Monza update : Car needs to run, stop, and steer first + KROIL ?

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Sun Aug 29 19:13:46 EDT 2010

Re : car needs to run, stop, and steer first - Why ?

That may be correct from one point of view, but I need something to do while
I'm waiting for something else to break, and hopefully limit those
possibilities, and something to do if ever there is a time when something
doesn't break ?

Besides, doing one thing at a time is so boring !~

However, the car actually does start quite well, with just a 'click' of the
key, but the symptoms that appear to me to be 'overheating' (which is where
this journey started, if I can remember that far back ?)

The brakes are also fixed now (broken spring over right side self-adjuster
screw), and shoes, drums are good to go (or, I should say, stop).

Car steers OK, just too much play and clunks, which is the current project
standing between me and fixing the 'overheat' (?) problem.

So the temp gauge(Is) will at least detect, or hopefully eliminate, cylinder
head temps as a problem ?

I'm also looking at another problem that looks like a top cover leak,
blowing fresh oil out from under the 'turkey roaster' near the oil filler
onto the VIN number.  That should be easy (as in just "time consuming grunt
work.")

Has anyone had experience with KROIL, a WD-40 substitute that is as much
better as it is more expensive ?

Charlie