<VV> Carter YH choke "blink"

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Aug 29 20:43:18 EDT 2010

Doug,
Something doesn't sound right. Once the engine is warm, the coil is out of
play and the vacuum holds the pull-off and the choke open. Now if an
acceleration is called for, yes the vacuum lowers and the pull-off is not held
as before, but the choke remains open since the plate is off center and the
airflow (and increased airflow) keeps the plate fully open. so I don't see
how a blink, or much of one, can occur.

However during warm up, the choke plate is held open by the pull-off until
the coil further opens the plate. if however, the engine is accelerated at
this  time the pull-off will allow the choke to slightly close because of
the  lower vacuum. At the same time the choke plate will counteract this by
tipping  slightly open because of the increased airflow, thus likely
preventing a blink.  Maybe this can cause a cough????

Regards,
Bob Helt

In a message dated 8/29/2010 2:15:08 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,