<VV> home from DACC homecoming

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez vairguy at echoes.net
Mon Aug 30 03:29:39 EDT 2010

Hello all,

     I just wanted to let everyone know I safely made it home the 538 miles from detroit with the Corsa coupe.  I did spring a fuel leak but not till I was almost home and I was able to make a temporary fix that got me the rest of the way.  A fuel line cracked inside the flare nut at the right front carb.  I removed the line, used the pavement of the parking lot as a file to grind the jagged end off till it was more or less flat, then flared the end as best I could with a philips head screwdriver... I did have the proper line wrench with me, but no spare line or flaring tool.

     The DACC homecoming was a fantastic event and you can add me to the list of those who highly recommend it to anyone who considers attending in the future.  I met a number of VV'ers in person and had many hours of great conversation...  in fact I spent so much time talking to other vair folks I never had a spare moment and didn't get nearly enough sleep over the weekend!  Even surrounded by nearly 100 other corvairs my lopey engine, loud pipes, and fat tires draw a LOT of attention, questions, and start lots of conversations that go on for hours!

     Speaking of my car I made the top 25 in peoples choice which got my car on the calendar, I'm very very excited about that!  First place was taken by an absolutely gorgeous Evening Orchid 65 monza coupe with custom wire wheels and a custom interior featuring Evening Orchid painted surfaces and white upholstery....  the owner/builder really deserved it too, he did nearly all the work himself and had little or no experience before hand... and from what he said he started off with a really rough car too.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction and almost done!)
63' Monza PG coupe (almost done!)