<VV> Oil Pressure

dpross1342 at aol.com dpross1342 at aol.com
Mon Aug 30 09:33:24 EDT 2010

I run a VDO electric oil pressure gauge on my '67 110 HP, as well as an
oil temp gauge. Oil pressure registers a constant 30 PSI at road speed,
regardless of the oil temperature, which usually runs 200 plus degrees.
(It is sensitive to outside air temps.) .At idle, it will drop to 20
PSI.  I have thought about adding the higher oil pressure relief spring
 from Clarks, but have been wary about oil leaks, especially around the
oil filter casting...the width of the gaskets are pretty narrow in
places.  But the apparent lower than spec pressure hasn't seemed to
harm the engine (drove 1700 miles to & from the Iowa convention) and
have put about 15,000 on the car since I purchased it 7 years ago. Any
thoughts on the increased pressure, good or bad?
Thanks, Don Rossbach