<VV> DACC Homecoming 2010

PETER INMAN monza1965 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 23:22:45 EDT 2010

The DACC Homecoming was great this year, as usual. I just cannot say enough
about the hospitality and how hard the team works to make sure everyone is taken
care of. Thanks to all of you. Every club should have a Ken, Mable, Judy, Paul
and team on their hospitality committee. Great food (especially the ham :+) and
plenty of it.

I am not forgetting how hard all you other guys worked to put all of the events
together. There was plenty to do and everything was so organized.  (I’m just
really hungry right now, so the food got the first up J and there were so many
of you working, I don’t want to name names in case I forget someone.

The turnout this year was great, so many people and so many beautiful cars. I
met fellow Corvair lovers I have not had the pleasure of meeting before. Some
were from Washington, DC, several from Pennsylvania, many from different parts
of Canada…we even had a ‘vair from Georgia!

Bryan, it was great getting to meet you! It’s always fun to put a face on a
name! Next time bring one from your fleet!

Ray (Grymm), what a fantastic car you have built. Pete and I were both very
impressed with your energy and yes, your obsession with the cars you love. I
love that you are not afraid to try new things, even if some say it won’t
work…good job, and you certainly belonged in the top Peoples Choice.

We have worked on our car for so long and on Thursday we left the house with our
fingers crossed. We made a smooth, 514-mile, trip with no problems at all and
didn’t have to call for the emergency trailer. When we pulled in the lot on
Thursday there were not a lot of cars, but as the weekend drew closer more and
more cars pulled in…beautiful cars, stunning cars. I was just hoping to place in
the top 25 Peoples Choice. What a pleasant and humbling surprise. I want to
thank everyone for the vote that helped us bring home the “Best of Show” award.
And my husband, for building me such a beautiful car!

I am in the process of building a “DACC - Detroit Area Corvair Club” Facebook
group. I took almost 400 pictures (at least one of every car I could find) as
well as people. It will take about a week to get it completed (work is getting
in the way of success), but the page will be public. Feel free to visit and join
our page.

Beth Inman
DACC (yes Clark-I can say that!)
CORSA