<VV> CONCERN OVER 2011 CORSA CONVENTION DATES

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Tue Aug 31 03:05:22 EDT 2010

Side note: I can't participate in VCCA with my Factory Stock Restored (and
award winning) blue convertible. Reason: VCCA does not allow non-stock
tires, period. Well, technically, they do allow them, but it's a massive
deduction so it's the same as not allowing them. There are no original '66
7.00" x 13" bias-ply tires left that are in concours shape, to my knowledge,
and no one makes a repro of this size tire in bias ply. 6.5" x 13", yes, but
that is the wrong tire for '66-9 Corvairs.

Some friends and I have worked with Coker a couple of times to try to find a
mold to make some but it's not going particularly well.

I would really like to participate in VCCA but it's not gonna happen for me
anytime soon. Shame.

--Kent