<VV> Vega vs. Vair

moonpie8n at comcast.net moonpie8n at comcast.net
Wed Dec 8 22:39:20 EST 2010

Vega's proved to be a great little economy car , once they put a ."REAL" engine in it. The "warmed over" 155 chevy II engine was just what was needed to make the Vega , what it was designed to be. I would have liked to be a fly on the wall when the engineer was telling the "POWERS that BE" that "free-standing cylinders & silicone cylinder walls were the "Only Way to Go" [that guy could sell ice cream to the Eskimos] . I think a water cooled Corvair might have done just as well in the market place. However it wouldn't have helped the local economy as much. WE had 3 machine shops in our area selling remanufactured , exchange, Vega engines with steel sleeves installed.
Bob Isaac
Moonpie Racing