<VV> Spyder/Corsa turbo -- fast?

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Thu Dec 23 13:28:48 EST 2010

Exactly!  The Corvairs are fun for many reasons.  I enjoy the unusual
engineering, the simplicity, the handling, the looks (especially my
62 coupe).  I just don't try and fool myself that I can ever make a
Corvair as fast as a modern car, and that is OK with me!  Now if I
had buckets of money I'd try that Bugatti Veryon ... 0-200-0 in
around 20 second!  Yikes.  0-60 in 2.8 seconds.  Well over 1,000
horsepower!  But I don't have a few million lying around to buy a car :-( E

At 09:53 AM 12/23/2010, you wrote:
>     I  have  to  agree  that  Corvairs  are  not  fast , but ,
> they  are QUICK , and  fun  to  drive.
> That  is  what  it  is  all  about....  IF  you  wanna  smoke  the
> tires , buy  a Big  Block  Mustang ,
> IF  you  wanna  car  that's  fast , get  a  Big  Block [Chevy] ,
> Cobra  kit  car, Maaaaaaaaan ,
> my  nose  is  still  bleeding  from  the  ride  I  had [0 -
> 120  in  an  instant / 11.2  in  the 1/4  mile], BUT
> !!!  Nobody  can  beat  a  Corvair  for "MOST  FUN  for  the  BUCK!!".

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

Vertical Integrated Computer Systems, LLC
Metropolis Support, LLC

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

Fun personal pictures:  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and
more.  http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

However, most new pictures are on Facebook.