<VV> Spyder/Corsa turbo -- fast?

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Thu Dec 23 13:35:41 EST 2010

That is only fast by us old guys standards -- read the Bugatti Veryon
specs.  Read the Tesla Roadster specs.  The Shelby GT500
specs.  Porsche Turbo, Vette ZR1, etc.  And then there is the issue
of 0-60 vs top speed.  Did you notice in the Yenko specs on the Web
site someone posted here that they had 0-60 in just over 6 seconds
... with one gear ratio ... and top speed of 129 with another gear
ration.  I suspect the fast 0-60 car could barely go over 100.  And
the one that went 129 like was 7.5 0-60.  My Powerstroke will do 135
as will my Toyota Land Cruiser ... with A/C, Nav, 4x4, leather,
fantastic stereo, stability control, etc.  And truthfully a Corvair
at 100 is a scary place to be -- modern cars just tool along.  I had
a Caddy Eldorado ETC that did 0-60 in 6.5 and could be put on cruise
control at 150 mph ... and that was  15 years ago.  Heck, the
Powerstroke would do 129 with a trailer and a Corvair on the trailer
(I have never exceeded 120 but there was more there).  E

At 10:19 AM 12/23/2010, you wrote:
>Having had a Corvair that would go 13 seconds flat in the 1/4, they
>can in fact be fast. True, getting a Corvair engined Corvair into
>the 11 second range will take some supernatural engineering, but
>there are possibilities...
>
>John Roberts

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

Vertical Integrated Computer Systems, LLC
Metropolis Support, LLC

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

Fun personal pictures:  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and
more.  http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

However, most new pictures are on Facebook.