<VV> 68 interior lights

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 6 19:00:47 EST 2010

  Interior lights work by being grounded. Therefore if the lights stay on, there is aground somewhere. Now I have 3 '69s and only the convertible has lights under the dash as there is no dome light. Under hood/trunk light work on a built in mercury switch that grounds the lights when the lid is raised. No connection to the interior light. Maybe the detent for the interior lights is faulty?  Can you try another switch? The door switches can be unscrewed while still hooked to the wiring. you can examine them to see if the wire on the back truly goes to the insulated position when the switch is fully depressed. A bit awkward to do, but might help.

 Who else has a better explanation?
 MIKE KOVACS