<VV> FW: Weird carb problem

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 8 18:05:44 EST 2010

Hi Mark,

   Well... in my case it was on trying to tune GB engine for state emissions testing. That´s why I got my own 4 gases "sniffer" and a wide band AFR gauge. So, at going to official inspection, my Vairs are pre-tested. No big deal at the USA as Corvairs don't need to pass emissions testing in most states but here, in my state (Jalisco, Mexico) it is a must to pass emissions tests every year on passenger vehicles and twice a year on pickup trucks (would like to live in USA, just for this reason).
   In your case, if your car is not consuming oil, still has good fuel comsuption and you feel comfortable with the engine power, live with it but, 48 years without a rebuild seems awesome.

Daniel