<VV> RE>> LM Engine Bay detailing--Alternator

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 23:27:28 EST 2010

If you are looking for a way to preserve the aluminum finish, one way is to
bead blast it to get it pristine clean, clean it in a soap and water, dry,
then spray it with a clear coat poly paint. I actually anodized mine, then
painted  the front half with the carb color anodizing paint, and used a
nickel color on the back half and it really sets off the engine compartment
with the alt color matching the carbs. Not stock, but then a Alternator in a
62 isn't stock, either, but does not look out of place. Mark Durham