<VV> LM Engine Bay detailing

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 23:35:09 EST 2010

The magnesium fan cannot be plated. It can be powder coated or just painted,
your choice. The engine deck rod/holder is galvanized (at least on my 62),
so can be painted but I've never seen it cad plated. If you want original,
look thru Clarks, they pretty much tell you what is what there. It varies,
depending on the nut , bolt or screw but is silver when plated.

Keep in mind that when you plate hardware, it hardens the metal and makes it
brittle, so you should not use plated stuff on anything critical. Mark
Durham