<VV> tele column?

Richard Gebhardt rampside64 at att.net
Mon Feb 22 15:06:33 EST 2010

RoboMan91324 at aol.com wrote:
> Frank and others,
>
> We don't belong to a Corvair cult where we must sell parts only to other
> "true believers."  If the telescoping column is so rare in the Corvair
> community, I would expect Corvair collectors to bid up the price.  As it gets more
> rare, the value goes up.  You know, the law of supply and demand.
>
> Since when is selling something on the open market for what it is worth,
> greedy?  .... and what is it with the veiled threat of "What goes around,
> comes around?"
>
> So Frank, are you going to be the highest bidder on eBay for the column
> just to make sure it doesn't leave the Corvair community?  You and a couple of
> others are willing to put BOB's money where your mouth is.  How about
> putting YOUR money where your mouth is.  When you win the auction at lets say
> $1500, will you turn around and sell it to a Corvair person at $700 if he
> guarantee it will go into a Corvair?  Frankly, if it doesn't sell as listed, I
> would resubmit it with Corvette in the title.  Maybe those guys have just
> missed it.  Maybe you should get it at the lower price while it isn't attracting
> the Vette folks .... yet.
>
> By the way, I have a complete telescoping column and wheel but I am waiting
> for all the Corvair units to be snapped up by the Vette folks so that I can
> get $50,000 for mine.  There's greed for you.
>
> Just trying to put some perspective on the issue.
>
> Doc
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> In a message dated 2/22/2010 12:25:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> virtualvairs-request at corvair.org writes:
>

>> Message: 8
>> Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 00:00:03 -0500
>> From: Frank DuVal <corvairduval at cox.net>
>> Subject: Re: <VV> tele column?
>> To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
>>
>> "Well, then I am not a true Corvair person"
>>
>> You got that right from your actions!
>>
>> Free market is one thing, greed is another.
>>
>> What goes around comes around is all I have to say.
>>
>> Frank DuVal
>>
>> Vairtec Corporation wrote:

>> where I

>>> Well, then I am not a true Corvair person.  I have a 1965 tele column
>>> on eBay right this minute, and if a Corvette person buys it, so be
>>> it.  The free market is determining what it is worth to whom.
>>>
>>> I sold two others previously.  One went to a Corvair person willing
>>> to pay the price, and the other went to a Corvette guy.
>>>
>>> --Bob Marlow

Right on Doc.

    Corvair folks can't get over being cheap. I have been involved with
Corvairs (cars and parts) for over 30 years. The knock on Corvair
people is that they are cheap. I had a vendor at a big Texas swap meet
tell me that he quit bringing Corvair parts because the Corvair guys
wanted to low-ball him on everything. This appears to be true  here.

You want something, decide what you can afford and go for it. Don't pi**
and moan and expect someone else sell it to you
cause you are cheap.

Richard Gebhardt

CORSA
NTCA