<VV> Corvette "drivers"

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Fri Jan 1 06:55:49 EST 2010

Many of us look at persons like your "friend" with disdain ... This is definitely the other side of the coin.  It is a great thing that he has done a top quality restoration and is so dedicated to the preservation of this vehicle.  It is most likely this particular model will live on for many future generations.  Have we not, every one of us, visited museums; enjoyed items preserved for posterity?   Fortunately there are those in every field that think to, and are able to save pristine examples of their interests.  Most of us, me included, use up, or at least wear down, everything so without persons like this there would be no 'trailer queen' examples for future generations.  Be it a Corvette, a Corvair, or anything else, while it may not be 'my way' it is a good thing.
Ken P

************************

Bob Bauer <robovair at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

I have a "friend" from work who restored a 67 Vette.  His goal was to make
Bloomington  which he did.  The car lives in a garage under a tarp.  Last easter sunday,
I saw him at a yearly Easter sunday car show held here in st. Louis.  I asked about his
car and he told me  that " my car does not come out unless I stand to win something
that will enhance it's value.  I told him if you can't drive it you might as well do
stamp collecting.  He told me that he restored that car 15 years ago and that the
odometer was turned back at that time and the car shows 5  miles........going on and off
the trailer.  He admitted that he has never driven the car.

Bob Bauer