<VV> convention tech sessions vs. historic presentations

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Mon Jan 4 14:15:18 EST 2010

<Good tech sessions, well-publicized, and with knowledgable people  giving
them, are always well-attended. Extreme examples are the  standing-room-only
"tech" sessions that Dave Newell has had on various  historic items and
incidents, or those featuring people who were actually  involved with the
Corvair development >

Mark, et al.,

As anyone who has recognized me behind my video camera and tripod at such a
 session can surmise, I love and live for those type of presentations,
however, I  would be willing to bet that most people don't consider those
historic  presentations to be true "tech" sessions.  I think for most people, a
true  tech session offers handy, practical tips for the do-it-yourself
mechanic.

~Bill Stanley