<VV> Corvairs in the Winter

Jeffrey B. Aronson jrh at foxislands.net
Fri Jan 8 20:09:38 EST 2010

Yup, my '66 Monza regularly goes on the roads during Maine winters. I'm
lucky that this island uses very little salt in its road sand mix,
sometimes, none at all.

The Corvair is outstanding with all season radial as a snow car. Its
traction is excellent in snow and braking rarely causes any skidding on
slick roads. The defroster action is weak until the car warms up - and
it is slow to warm up! But once it reaches temperature, the windshield
clears up properly [ the vent windows help here].

If I had to leave the island and use the Corvair as a mainland car, I
would regret all the salt on the roads but I wouldn't hesitate to tackle
any snowstorm in it.

Jeff Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME 04863
www.landroverwriter.com