<VV> Corvairs in the Winter

Ebarr19 at aol.com Ebarr19 at aol.com
Sat Jan 9 09:56:23 EST 2010

Hi all
   Back in 1967 when I was at work at the Aurora Illinois Caterpillar
plant, I had a Corvan 95 and we had what later became the "Big storm of 67"
normal storms usually came from the west but this storm came from the east off
Lake Michigan and all the cars facing east got there engine compartments
packed with snow, the shop workers got off at 3:30 and by the time I got off a
4:00 the cars were lined up from the stop light just under a 1/4 mile away
clear back to where most could get out of there parking space ( the snow melted
on the cars at the light and stalled them ) I noticed the back gate was
open but the road not plowed yet and I needed to get to my parttime job working
at a service station so I tried and make it out the back gate, went home
changed clothes and made it to work at 5:00. Cars were still in that lot at
8:30
  The reason I had the van was I also did TV antenna installations.
 Gene Barr