<VV> Speas' new Lakewood -- OT Ford

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 9 14:45:52 EST 2010

I wouldn't respond to the list, except to make some important historical
corrections here

J R Read_HML wrote:

> Yes, there were a LOT of them and were called Model B.  In '32 they
> had an improved (over Model A) four cylinder engine.

Known simply as the "improved Four Cylinder engine" -- I know little
about this motor, but have friends that do, should I need to know more.
1934 was the last year of the four cylinder.  The Model B &18 lasted for
one year of production, 1932.  The 1933/34 cars were distinctly
different, although quite similar to each other.

> By '34 (last year for the body style) they had a V8 and were called
> Model 18.

The V-8 was introduced in March of 1932, and it was this 1932 Ford V-8
that was the Model 18, identical to the Model B, except for the engine
(and associated parts - clutch, bellhousing, radiator, exhaust, etc)

>   Don't know why EVERY single part would have to be
> replaced/replicated.  None were saved?  Hard to believe.

Original, unrestored or unaltered, 1932 Ford two door sedans and
roadsters are exceedingly rare these days -- they are literally all
restored or hot-rodded.  Thus the blossoming of the early Ford
reproduction parts business, just like Camaros, Mustangs, Corvairs, and
others, except complete reproduction bodies are available in  fiberglass
(also carbon fiber) and steel.

Attached is a picture of the specific vehicle of which I am speaking.  I
am certain there are numerous others, but I am personally quite familiar
with this one.

Bill Strickland