<VV> paint question responses

n2vzd at aol.com n2vzd at aol.com
Mon Jan 11 06:19:23 EST 2010

thank you all for your responses.
i have used the de1634 for a while now , but duplicolor stuff here is
pricey , so i went with rustoleum as it is a buck a can here. so i got what i
paid for. maybe samples were not dry enough. heck , the 1634 even holds up
good  on exhaust manifolds!
the problem started when i got some gas on my new sandblasted , painted
shrouds on one of the 2 motors i just built. the fuel pump started leaking
right  away , so in removing it i got gas on the shroud (under pressure!) . as
you can  imagine , i am not sure my building is as soundproof as it shoud be
under such  situations...anyhow i will try my samples again today after
drying longer and  decide wheather i now have to wait and powdercoat. these are
NOT show cars , but  i still like my stuff looking as nice as i can afford.
regards , i still have a lot of faith in this group! , tim  colson