<VV> Corvair (not) plans. uhhhh.... (Car Guy Plans)

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Mon Jan 11 09:39:24 EST 2010

Well, let's see......

Since Florida is Nirvana for car guy events Jan. through March, I have the
following choices:

Jan. 30.....24 hrs. of Daytona (could be warm, could be freezing rain)  &
Mecum auto auction, Kissimmee, Fl.
                 (indoors auction of mostly muscle cars but a fun event)
Jan. 23rd weekend.......Cavallino (Ferrari) Meet at Breakers Hotel - Palm
Beach (puttin' on the Ritz)
Feb. 6......World of Outlaws  - Volusia Speedway, west of Daytona  (big
noise, freezing cold & being
                sprayed  with mud)
Feb. 13th weekend.....Daytona 500 (debut of Danica Patrick in an ARCA  car)
 NOTE to Danica:  bring
                                  extra shoulder pads........
Feb. 20th weekend......Boca Raton Concourse.  (wear your Boss shirt,
Italian loafers and your Bugatti
                                   shades)  Oh, and bring MONEY.
Feb. 26 thru March 7th.......Bike Week.  Time to don your black  leather,
studs, wallet chain, plastic
                                        mixing  bowl helmet and join the
ever moving Harley ant hill.  Oh, be careful
                                         and don't lean it more than 2
degrees - and try to avoid the morgue.
March 3 & 4th............AMA flat track on new 1/4 mile dirt - just
outside of Speedway turns 1 & 2   I think
                                  I'll hit this one with 2 sportbike
buddies.
March 13th weekend.......Amelia Island Auction/Concourse.  Fabulous  event
at the Ritz on the beach.
                                      I encountered Norman Dewis (ex-Jag
factory test driver) in the Ritz hallway  & got
                                      his autograph.
March 20th weekend........Sebring 12 hrs.  A BIG, FAST  course.  Also a
test of endurance for the  fan.
                                       Entries dominated by Porsches.  $70,
so I won't be going this year.  Besides,
                                       nothing will ever top Jim Hall-Mike
Spence/Chaparral vs B.  McLaren-Andretti
                                       427 MkIV FordGT seesaw battle in
1967.  You could hear the big Chevy  coming
                                       a mile away and their drag races out
of the hairpin were a real show.

Sometimes Soon........Florida Minsprints.  Miniature World of Outlaw  cars