<VV> Promoting CORSA nad the CPF

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Tue Jan 12 12:20:56 EST 2010

Group, Please let me bounce an idea off of you. I have
been working on a schedule of events that I want to
attend this year. My plan includes promoting the CPF and
the CORSA Organization at several multi-marque shows. In
this way it may be possible to introduce new people to the
Corvair hobby that we all know and love.

My plan is to carry CPF and CORSA materials to display at
each venue. At a minimum I would like to display a Corvair
engine, some other Corvair related props, a virtual tour
of the Corvair Museum(s) and some of the CPF artifacts, a
photo display of Corvairs and Corvair-based vehicles and
of course CORSA materials including copies of the
Communique, Corsa applications and any other CORSA
information that can be supplied to me.

The mode of transportation will be a 1964 Greenbrier van
(that I just bought from Tim Colson).I should be able to
get enough stuff in the 'Brier to make a respectable
display at the events that I have selected. Here is the
list of potential events:

1. Autofair - Charlotte, NC April 10-11, 2010
2. Car Show - Franklin Lakes, NJ, May 30, 2010
3. AACA Regional Meet - Canadaigua, NY, June 3-5, 2010
(this event I may attend with my 1963 Corvair sedan on a
trailer so the display stuff would be delivered in the
back of my Silverado pickup truck)
4. Orphan Car Show - Ypsilanti, MI, June 6, 2010 (Note:
Corvair is the feature car for this year's event)
5. CORSA International Convention - Cedar Rapids, IA (I
may have to trailer the CPF's Fitch Sprint to the
convention so once again the museum display may have to
ride in the back of my pickup truck)
6. Hemmings New England Concours - Stratton, VT, July
16-18, 2010 (same note as for the AACA Regional event - if
they accept my survivor class 1963 Corvair sedan I will
trailer it out to Vermont and haul the museum display in
the truck. Corvair is one of the featured makes at this
3rd annual show)
7. Woodward Dream Cruise - North of Detroit, MI, August
14, 2010
8. DACC Homecoming - Plymouth, MI, August 19-21, 2010
9. CCE Orphan Car Picnic - West of Chicago, IL, August 29,
2010
10. AACA Fall Meet - Hershey, PA, October 6-9, 2010

I have been working with several folks to put this list
together. I may need some help getting the media displays
ready in time. I think this is a very good way to put our
best foot forward and see if we can generate some new
interest in the Corvair hobby. What do you think?? -
Caveman Pete in Slippery Driveway, PA