<VV> Naming Corvairs

Bruce Schug bwschug at att.net
Wed Jan 13 09:37:04 EST 2010

On Jan 12, 2010, at 11:11 AM, fullardsam3102 at aol.com wrote:

> I got a early present for the New Year. I got a free 1960 Corvair
> Monza 900
> Club Coupe form a stranger. He said if you want it, come get it. The
> motor
> is  frozen, front floor pans  and trunk pan rusted out, some other
> rust
> spots.  It takes all my time and money to try and bring her back, so
> I named
> her  La Otra Mujer (The Other Woman)  Any suggestions as to  where
> to start
> will be greatly appreciated.

The guys in Queen City Corvair Corvair Club, in Charlotte, are well-
known for naming their Corvairs. Many knew Richard Jenkins' Greenbrier
as "PAPAJ", I think it was, until he sold it to Billy Bruce. Richard's
"new" sedan is "SALLY".

I've never named mine, except for putting it's vanity plate on it,
"67AC140".

The only other times I call "her" by name, might be during an
autocross, when there's just a couple more cones, or when coming home
from a long drive, probably late at night, hoping she'll get me home
one more time. At those times I might think out loud something like,
"Come on baby...". She always comes through.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina
CORSA member since 1980