<VV> Naming Corvairs

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Tue Jan 12 21:22:35 EST 2010

Our little boy Jim named our 1966 Monza coupe "Joe Cool" after the character played by Snoopy in the Charlie Brown cartoon.  It was appropriate since "Joe Cool" was air conditioned (the only A/C Corvair we ever owned)  Initially, the A/C didn't work too well, but after some "adjustments" and R-12 addition, Joe Cool blew a measured 38 deg.F air out of his center dash vent!  The chilled air was so cold it hurt your hand if you kept it in front of the vent for very long!  Lets see you match that with a modern high tech A/C-equipped car.<GGG>
Frank Burkhard