<VV> Naming Corvairs

jwcorvair at aol.com jwcorvair at aol.com
Wed Jan 13 08:47:51 EST 2010

Okay, I'll play ...

In 92 I was driving an Alfa Romeo that I had owned for about 15 years. I wanted a second car that I could drive in the winters because I didn't want the wear on my Alfa. My brother in Tucson had two Corvairs, a 62 4-door and a 62 4-door. The 62 was a good running "parts" car, perfect for what I wanted. So, I bought the 62 from my brother and, with apologize to Dave Barry, named it "Zippy the emergency backup car."

I wasn't going to do anything to Zippy other than maintain it. But as with all best laid plans, I have poured money and time into the little fella - and enjoy every dollar and every second of it.

Regards,
Joe
CORSA, RMC