<VV> 1966 California/SMOG cars

Stacy Milnes sixteesboy at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 13 13:57:55 EST 2010

Hi,

Ooops, I did forget the "6" in the vin. Lets try 105376L100326. I understand that only a small number of cars came from the LA line compared to Willow Run, so I'm not sure how early #326 was yet. I was not fortunate enough to get the owners manual. Even certain pieces of the shroud would have told me if it were a smog car. I have a 66 Monza convert 140/PG SMOG already that was mostly intact (missing the pump and a couple pieces of plumbing that I have now) that also is an LA car, to compare. Funny how people are so willing to sell me smog stuff...... I also picked up a 67 Monza 110/PG coupe last summer that the owner mentioned was a smog car. The powertrain was out of the car, it was intact minus smog stuff, and I do have it. I thought he was mistaken because it had a "W" vin. As I know now, the LA line did not produce Corvairs after 66, and the signs of a smog engine, such as the intake crossover, are there. That is why the 67-69 cars do not count, all smog came from Willow Run after 66.

So, I would like to expand on the original question of "are there any 66 "W" smog cars out there (not counting factory oddities)?" with "are there any 66 "L" cars (that would have been smog cars if sold in California) that were originally sold outside of California?" In other words, is it possible the LA production was all sold in California?

Many Thanks,

Stacy