<VV> Naming Corvairs

Barry Gershenfeld gbarry42 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 01:29:05 EST 2010

I am not into naming things unless it happens serendipitously.  But somehow,
my trusty, rusty, now-quite-the-beater 61 coupe got named "bash".  It's not
an unreasonable name for something in that condition, but as a bonus, the
name (lowercase and all) would make any Linux lover snort milk out their
nose.  My wife and I accuse each other of having named it, so I don't even
know how it started.
.
Sadly, these cars have reached the ends of their lives and I don't seem to
work on them anymore.  So unless someone in southern Ca has an interest in
dreadful stuff like this, they probably have some recycling in their future.
.
So the other one, a 63 4-door, has been quietly accumulating the bad engine,
transmission, axles, and whatever-else over the years--that one I would have
to name "Dorian".  An OK body, but who wants a early four door?
.
Seems funny they get named on their "way out".