<VV> Car Names

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProPer.com
Fri Jan 15 20:10:52 EST 2010

Upstate New York, I loved clearing the snowmobile test track (Mudge's Gun
Shop in Windham, NY) with my 65 Monza so they could use it.

One snowy night on the Taconic Pkwy, I found cars skidded all over the place
and spent a couple hours driving the people to town and going back for more
since tow trucks were very busy that night.

I pushed / pulled a few out of ditches and one guy asked if I ever thought
of getting snow tires or chains, and I said, "Why ?  I have a Corvair."

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Shaw" <65vair180 at sbcglobal.net>
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 4:33 PM
Subject: Re: <VV> Car Names

My first Corvair was a 63 2 door with chocolate brown paint. I called it the
Brown Bomber. It could only go about 20 minutes and then vapor lock would
set in. My second Corvair was a 65 500 2 door known as the Brute-mobile. I
put V8 springs in it and had 14" wheels. I loved driving that car through
the snow and occasionally off road in a few empty lots. I remember pulling
one of my brother's friend's car out of a ditch with it. I have to get
another winter Vair.

Greg Shaw
Dearborn, MI

the property