<VV> GM building a modern "Corvair" -(ain't gonna happen) & Ca. Ebay Kelmark

taruffi57 at aol.com taruffi57 at aol.com
Tue Jan 19 15:14:16 EST 2010

GM will never ever build another car with the name Corvair.   Why?   Well,
because the Corvair remains in that special group of  Detroit creations -
which, in the mind of the uninformed.... (approx. 96% of  Americans), is a
loser and a failure.  Think:   Pintos, with  exploding gas tanks, Edsels,
Vegas, Chevettes, Ford Bronco II  (rollovers), and even Suzuki Samurai
(rollover), and Audi 5000 (unintended  acceleration).

Use of "Corvair" as a car name in any way, would be the kiss of  death for
the project - no matter how good the car was.  (but you guys  all know this)

Every time I meet a stranger with one of my cars, his first comment usually
 has "Ralph Nader" or "leaked oil like a sieve" in it.  Isn't this stigma
what keeps these wonderful and fun cars at such a bargain for those of us
with car smarts?  Personally, I like the situation the way it is - and  it
isn't likely to change soon.  My only
concern is what I will be able to get for my cars when I inevitably  must
pass them on to someone younger.
Not good for my wife's financial future.

Sidebar:   Does this mean I have been selfish in putting money  into MY fun
- rather than buying less cars, but more valuable cars - that I  know will
appreciate?            Oh....the Angst........    :-)

Ebay Calif. white Kelmark:   Seller told me he wants $5K.  I  think that is
a very good price...considering.  Also told me if it does not  make $5K, he
will offer me a "smoking" deal.  Someone should hop on this,  but I get
first dibs on buying it later whenever you get tired of it.

Joe Dunlap
Cen. Fla.
2 partial Corvairs. (but making progress)