<VV> humped again, was: Modern Corvair vs. mundane FWDs

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Tue Jan 19 15:19:49 EST 2010

 The 'tunnel' on today's FWD cars is a LOT smaller than the tranny/driveshaft tunnel on FE/RWD cars. However, today's cars are models of packaging efficiency. You need a place to run the exhaust pipe, catalytic converters, etc., and given the packaging, there's precious little space to have these AND a flat floor.

John Roberts