<VV> 1962 Interior

Ed Orbea ed.orbea at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 23:20:18 EST 2010

My '62 Monza has been stripped and is off for body work and paint, and I am
not gathering the needed parts to put the car back together, and have two
more questions to ask the group.

1) When I stripped the interior, I found that the area under the rear seat
was stuffed with pink fiberglass batting. The compartment behind the seat,
under the window edge was also filled with this pink batting. I do not plan
to replace this batting, and have been looking a Dynamat or a similar
product. Does anybody on the list have any experience or recommendations
with insulating and sound-deadening in the areas I referenced.

2) I contacted a local glass dealer who has experience is supporting the
local car clubs. The 2-years ago replaced the from and rear glass in my '69
Chevelle SS. They can obtain a new/tinted front windshield for approx
$434.00 but are unable to currently locate a new rear windshield. Does
anybody have any recommendations regarding front & rear glass? Is it better
to go through Clarks or Corvair Underground as opposed to a local company to
purchase the glass, if the glass has not separated, it is better to just
reuse it after polishing, and so on.

Thanks

Ed Orbea