<VV> Electronic ignition choices

Charles McKinley cmckinley313 at cox.net
Thu Jan 21 21:27:45 EST 2010

I'm considering replacing the stock points & condenser ignition on my
'63 Monza with one of the three electronic systems offered by Clark's,
and I'd appreciate some comments about your experience with any of them.

1. Crane light-diode system, appears to be more complicated and a bit
more expensive than the others;
2. Ignitor magnetic system, cheapest and simplest of the three;
3. Ignitor II magnetic system, pretty simple but almost same price as
Crane.

The magnetic principle has a lot of appeal from a reliability
standpoint. Does that actually work out in practice?

Thanks in advance,
Chuck McKinley