<VV> Electronic ignition choices

mikeamauro at aol.com mikeamauro at aol.com
Fri Jan 22 07:12:49 EST 2010

"...I'm considering replacing the stock points & condenser  ignition on my
'63 Monza with one of the three electronic systems offered  by Clark's, and
I'd appreciate some comments about your experience with any  of them..."

Chuck: I have Crane/Allison ignition systems on all three of  my Corvairs.
Two have the XR700 model, and one is equipped with the XR3000. With  the
latter, no ballast or ballast wire is used. I like both, and have had only  one
failure in approximately 15-years of use (someone, not me, left the
ignition  key in the "ON" position W/O engine running).

Cheers...

Mike Mauro