<VV> Engine building - bearing clearance

corvair at mts.net corvair at mts.net
Fri Jan 22 10:51:09 EST 2010

On the other hand, I've gone through 4 crankcases here trying to find a good one. One was so badly warped the case halves wouldn't even meet at the flywheel end. So if line boring was a proven/popular/known working solution I would have gone for it a long time ago rather than digging up a new block every year or two for five years. It's TOUGH to find a good engine unless you're east coast/west coast where parts seem to be plentiful. And it's an awkward thing to get shipped in from somewhere.

Les