<VV> IGN COVERS

n2vzd at aol.com n2vzd at aol.com
Fri Jan 22 11:08:47 EST 2010

the cover i have had for MANY years and is still ok (but not used much
lately) is the "sungaurd" which was sold by clarks. i think it is a touch rough
 looking , but has not damaged paint on cars i had with decent paint jobs.
it has  a silver reflective surface and is brown underneath.  IF i was doing
it  outside , i would use a cheap soft green or whatever under a  sunguard.
  the sunguards i have are very tough agains almost  everything...except
mice when stored in a box during moving ...(duct tape  repaired that one)
ignitions i have are all from clarks , i have an allison (works great ) a
crane (works great , looks like the allison ) and a pertronics II ( so far
i think it works great , but i have had a coil fail that i could measure the
 shorted secondary against a same new one ). i have run cd ignitions over
the  years on most of my cars , from delta or radio shack kits , to homemade
from the  old GE transistor manuals (my father designed it!) and the car
that you can  really see the difference would be a turbo car.  like night and
day!
i either have a quick changeover kit (plate etc ) or a complete replacement
 distributor with me when traveling just in case. so far i have not been
let down  on the road , but ya never know. i am talking since the new 64 i had
with a home  made unit to now. i played a lot with this stuff on the bench
with an old  distrib machine also.
regards , tim colson