<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 60, Issue 92

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Tue Jan 26 20:14:21 EST 2010

Well -- if one spends a lot of money on something they love (probably
irrational amounts of money) emotions get high ... I have had minimal
problems with Clark's.  Just guessing, but they likely do not make
these carpets.  They are contracted out.  It is common that the
contractor does not allow for mods depending on his factory.  But
Clark's also stocks a lot of stuff -- they may have them already cut
on the shelf.  In any case, I am sure it is not a matter of being
unreasonable or cranky, it is just that they likely don't have a way
to do what you want at a reasonable price.

I will say after getting back in to Toyota Land Cruisers that I
suddenly remember how good Clark's and the Corvair community are.  In
the Land Cruiser world nobody makes as many repro parts as Clark's
does ... not even close.  Nobody's catalog is as complete with as
good pictures.  They have way stricter policies (basically you cannot
return anything ever).  Their prices are not as good -- I think
Clark's has driven prices down for years due to volume.  I suspect as
people quit Corsa and let the hobby die, they will find that Clark's
will no longer be able to repro everything and be so cheap ... and
then we will regret not paying a few bucks extra a year to keep Corsa
alive and Clark's in business.

Enjoy it while it lasts :-)  I bet you anything they would have done
it if they could.

Eric

At 02:08 PM 1/26/2010, you wrote:
>From: Arlette Carl <arlettecarl at hotmail.com>
>Subject: <VV> Frustration with Clark's Corvair

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

Fun personal pictures:  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and
more.  http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

However, most new pictures are on Facebook.