<VV> "de-tuning" a 110

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Thu Jan 28 09:35:40 EST 2010

In a message dated 1/28/2010 5:22:52 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
tony.underwood at cox.net writes:

At 11:26  PM 1/27/2010, Bill Elliott wrote:

>I know there are plenty of folks  out there who will jump in and say that
>their 110PG runs just fine on  87... I just haven't personally seen it
work.

Neither have  I.   Pinging is a real problem unless you feed it high
test.   It's made worse in my case because of the hillclimb I  indulge
getting home from work.

I even got into some detailed  "investigating" regarding fuel mileage
and pinging with different fuels,  taking notes over an extended
period of time, just to see what's actually  happening with modern
fuels in a Corvair.   When I have time  I'll post what I found out (as
long as I don't bore the Hell out of  everyone) ;)

tony..

Whenever you're ready.........

Scotty from Hollyweird

.