<VV> Experience with EM 500 W/S Gasket

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Thu Jan 28 09:59:37 EST 2010

We  had a customer send in a EM W/S gasket for a 500 model (no Chrome Trim), and wanted to know if Steele could reproduce it.

My experience with EM's is limited to what I sell every day.  But I knew the last time I looked (which was a piece back) there wasn't one available for 500's.

Design asked me to check Clark's to see if they offered one, and they do.  I called Clark's and Barb told me they've been selling them since 97.

Has anyone installed a Clark's EM W/S gasket without the chrome groove?  Has anyone had any trouble with it?

When there is a part already in the marketplace, we don't necessarily want to clear another trail so to speak, as tooling and testing prototypes is expensive.

Any feedback on this issue would be appreciated.

Hank