<VV> misc notes

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 31 22:24:41 EST 2010

>Actually, they had an analog computer kit out in 1956. Here's a link
>to a nice description.
>
>http://www.retrothing.com/2006/08/classic_analog_.html

Actually programmed one of these for some simple task  during my college
days ... don't remember much about it except for the machine.

And speaking of programming and Archer -- Radio Shack, as well as Allied
and Heath (I still have a Knight tube amp somewhere) was very big in the
early days of the personal "kit" computer (RS 70 ?), as well as kit
radios, kit radar detectors, kit stereo, and other DIY projects.

Utmost care (and good luck) needs to be used if one resorts to wire to
check the air bleeds and vac bypasses -- at the very least, use brass or
plastic -- preferably, use WD-40 or such to check them and nothing but
air to clear them.  It is likely that someone using steel wire (or tip
cleaners) is what messed them up in the first place (which sounds like
the problem), if they aren't plugged.

Bill Strickland