<VV> price for turbo engine/turbo parts?

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jul 1 04:36:41 EDT 2010

One issue:
Is it actually a turbo motor?
Or just a turbo on a 110?
If the turbo is seized, it may be only worth what a paperweight is worth.
A rebuildable carb can be worth $50.

A lot more variables.
What year is it?
What else on the car has value.........

Gary Swiatowy

From: "Ray R. \(aka Grymm\)" <vairguy at echoes.net>
Subject: <VV> price for turbo engine/turbo parts?

Hey folks,

I'm looking at buying an "estate" car that has been sitting for who knows
how long.  The car is not an original turbo model (spyder or corsa) but has
a turbo setup under the lid.... this is basically the only reason I'm
considering purchase.

I have no way to know if the engine or turbo are good but here's what I'd
like to know:

What is a complete running (but not rebuilt) turbo engine setup worth
approximately in AVERAGE used condition.. just give me a range I'm not going
to hold anyone to it.

What is the value of the turbo parts if it is not a running engine
approximately?

Just need to educate myself a little so I know whether or not to go for it.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III