<VV> price for turbo engine/turbo parts?

Ray R. (aka Grymm) vairguy at echoes.net
Thu Jul 1 09:17:23 EDT 2010

Aye, I know these factors are a big ? and create a huge variable so all I
was looking for was a range starting at the value of a complete turbo setup
with a bad turbo and a  non-turbo engine, and up to a complete running turbo
engine that could probably use a rebuild.

With that info I can make a judgement call on what to pay for the "lottery
ticket".

In the meantime IF I actually get a call back from the guy, Isn't there a
number on the engine somewhere that will at least tell me if the block was
originally a turbo engine?... or the heads at least?  If I can locate that
number and check it that will give me another hint as to whether the actual
engine parts are turbo or just the turbo assembly.

>From what I've seen on ebay the turbo itself isn't all that expensive... my
guess is that the biggest problem with putting a factory turbo setup
together is finding all the little bits and pieces.

The car looks like a 63, but there is no telling beyond that.. all I know is
there is a turbo setup sitting atop the engine, and it looks fairly clean in
the engine room.  So far I haven't heard back from the guy.. either he is
slow to check his messages or someone beat me to it and he just isn't
bothering.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction and almost done!)
63' Monza PG coupe (under construction- quickie driver build)