<VV> Corvair stolen yesterday - Let's get together and find them !

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Fri Jul 2 00:31:21 EDT 2010

A long while back, one of two my silver 62 Monza wagons was stolen, and I
reported it.

I then drove the other one, and it made me wonder why was I not stopped ?

I called the Suffolk County police and asked if there was any progress and
they told me how hard they were working on it and how important it was to
find it.

I then "mentioned" that I was driving an identical car and wondered why I
had not been stopped.

Bad move !

The next day I was stopped by no less than a half-dozen police cruisers with
lights and sirens, guns drawn as I was arrested at a local gas station.

That took most of the afternoon, but I finally was able to say "Good job
guys.  Now find the one that's in someone's garage."

They has their fun, and I wasn't stopped any more.

I found my car a few months later in the same precinct's impound yard, where
it had been sitting all that time after being stripped and abandoned.

Let's get together and find that car !  Unless it's in Mexico (probably is),
it should turn up ?
The yellow EM Monza convert in Winchester, CA, and what looks like a
familiar 1969 Monza convert recently in Palm Springs, CA should not be hard
to find (unless they're parted out) ?

Charlie