<VV> [fastvair] -Autocross Comentary

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Fri Jul 2 21:41:47 EDT 2010

I am running an SCCA National tour at  the concrete Grissom AFB this
weekend. There are over 320 entries. Can you imagine 300 entries on a
track event?
I have no chance in EM because there are no engine limitations. I will
still have a good time. The competitiors there are from all over the
USA and are part of my extended family just like CORSA people are.
My roadster  gets  just as much attention as the 500 HP all Plastic
tube frame pony cars and Vettes. I am representing you--so wish me well.

I preweighed my car today. It is 1607 # and 1764 with me in it. The
limit is 1750# with engines up to 4.3 liters;  for another 100# you may
run any engine that you desire.

My car weighed 1488 after building and then was ballasted up to 1500#.
Then they changed the rules to the current weight. I refused to add
ballast,so added larger brakes, wheels, tires, and supercharger.

There are other competitiors in my class and other classes that I am
interested in and I will have a great time picking out someone to race
with; besides I just love look at others' car developement..

Grissom is a 2nd and 3rd gear course with lots of sweepers. Definitely
not your local  parking lot autocross course----and very much like the
courses that we just ran in IOWA.

Unless the trophy is a drinking glass, what would I do with it?.

Next week I am guest driving a WRX Subaru. I have no idea what to
expect.

Warren