<VV> VV Auctions

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Wed Jul 7 08:51:05 EDT 2010

On reading the first post about doing Corvair item auctions on VV, I liked the idea. But as Bryan pointed out, this is not the intent of VV. An item or two every so often is OK, but you don't want VV to be a Corvair only eBay or Craigslist.

I think where eBay excels is they constantly keep bidders reminded that there is an auction in progress and go bid, is the message.

Even posting an item or two for bid as Ray has done will generate a few responses but I think what he will find is people forget. After the initial flurry of interest people will forget without the constant reminder that an auction or "I'm asking for best offers" is in progress.

There is also the question of shipping costs, eBay does this well with their shipping calculator. Many bidders look at shipping costs and will bid or not based on the total cost of bid + shipping.

I wish him well in his effort as many of us are simply looking to pass on items we don't need. I myself haven't had much luck moving items on the VV postings. I have already tossed out all the backlites I had and I'm presently working on the seats. Next item will be some transmission stuff.

I'm looking only to keep that which I personally need.

Roy - Bayville