<VV> Clark's seat track extenders - any experience with them?

flat6vair at comcast.net flat6vair at comcast.net
Wed Jul 7 16:59:31 EDT 2010

the seat extenders do two things to provide more leg room. First they move the seat back about an inch or two (think it is two)
and second it raise the front by about half an inch (not at home to measure).

in response to another post: The plate mounted to the point where the seat mounts would go -- then the seat mount is mounted to the bolts on the extenders. The stock bolts, if long enough for the seat mount, should be long enough for the extender. The rear extenders do "float" over nothing-ness, at least on the passenger side. I have not had an issue with that "feature".

My 68 Fitch Sprint has them on both drivers and passenger sides. For a guy that lies about being 5ft6, I have to move the drivers seat all the way forward to be able to use the clutch. I really need to remove the drivers side (will stay with the car for the next owner, when there is a next owner many years from now)

they are readily removed or added as the need arises in just a few minutes. So other than losing them, I have no excuse for giving myself more adjust ability for my height challenged condition.

tim mahler