<VV> 1965 Monza 4-door on eBay - Coupe not Wrong

tommy5styx at npgcable.com tommy5styx at npgcable.com
Sun Jul 11 11:05:20 EDT 2010

I guess that is the good thing about styling, it is completely subjective.  IMO, the late model coupe is a beautiful design, with no need to wonder if it is rear engined or not, with styling that spawned the '66 Chevelle (best year IMO) and the Camaro.  The 4dr Hardtop is probably the most attractive 4dr car ever, but it is still a 4dr, and the styling for the coupe wouldn't work on it any better than the styling from the 4dr working on the coupe.  As much as I admire John Fitch, I have always seen the "vent top" roof addition as the perfect Pep Boys accessory to ruin an already beautiful, NARROW C-pillar.  Take a look at a '62 Chevy bubbletop, not that the Impala roofline isn't also beautiful, but if I had to choose one or the other.....color me bubbly.

I couldn't agree more. What I was refering to when I said they failed is the fact that the roofline, while pleasant enough, doesn't resemble their objective look (the full-size fastback). It needs a broader "C" pillar in order to do that, which is why the ventop looks so good on it. John Fitch knew what he was doing, and he is a man of style.

-Mark