<VV> Clark's A/C Instruction booklet

John O'Shea jco99 at cox.net
Sun Jul 11 14:38:29 EDT 2010

I installed a 66 factory system in my 65.  I used the Clark's repro of the
GM manual and the Clark's templates.  Can't verify if 69 models have all the
dimples in the body, but the 65 and 66 models come from the factory with
locating dimples for add-on factory A/C systems.

Examine the area just below your windshield wiper motor.  If 69s have them,
you should find dimples for two of the evaporator bolts and the cutout for
the liquid line to the evaporator.  To the right of the passenger windshield
squirter there should be dimples to locate the factory fresh air cutout.
The blower housing requires one big cutout, not two.

I believe there was also a dimple to locate the large hole on the passenger
side just below the rear seat cushion where the evaporator suction line goes
from inside the car to underneath.  I also mounted a modern parallel flow
condenser in the trunk with a large fan in the bottom of the trunk.

If you are installing a factory system and you intend to use R-134A
refrigerant, you may want to convert all the connections to modern O-ring
fittings.
All modern cars for quite few years have used O-ring connections.  R-134A
really doesn't like Corvair style hose barbs and hose clamps.

Those that have installed a factory A/C chime in here.

A Corvair without A/C in a Las Vegas summer is a Corvair from Hell!
Jack - Vegas Vairs